Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy world Nutella Day!

Today is World Nutella Day! We celebrated this week by making these amazing chocolate Nutella Thumbprint cookies from cooking light magazine. (but really, can you really call these light?) We made a quadruple batch: half were to be made the original way and half for my children to get creative with (and you'll probably see those later, too). 
 The dough was easily just as delicious as the cookies- like brownie batter, but thicker.

I had helpers rolling them in nuts (we did walnuts instead of hazelnuts- who wants to drive to the grocery store in the middle of a snowstorm?!)
Cute little thumbprints!

Before baking. Mmmm. So good.

And, this is me and my book club friends enjoying them with some fondue.

Of course, you can always celebrate with a nice, big spoonful of Nutella. My favorite way at breakfast is on 12-grain bread.  What's your favorite way to have Nutella?

And, if you're feeling extra spirited, this is still on my amazon wishlist:

Heaven in a jar times five. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment