Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Craft Flashback: Blessing Dress

Our Aunt is the keeper of the dress. It arrived in the mail and I just wanted to hold my breath as I opened the box because it is so lovely and precious. This dress is about a hundred years old, so I'm told. It had delicate pin tucks on the yoke. It has beautiful, tiny flowers embroidered on the yold and the bottom. There is lace sewn all around the edges. Can you imagine making a dress like this? It is so detailed and gorgeous! The stitches are miniscule!



But the best thing about this dress is its history. Our three girls were each blessed in this dress. My husband was Christened in this dress. My Husband's Father was Christened in this dress. My husband's grandfather was christened in this dress. Each of their mothers and Fathers held them in this precious dress! There is so much family and love and history in this dress and that is why I love it.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment