Friday, January 14, 2011

painted Fairy food

Have I told you that I love the public library? Well, I do. We got a bunch of kids cookbooks and my older daughter obsessed over this one:
Fairies Cookbook
It had this great recipe in it for  pastel pretzel rings. Basically, you take some dinner roll dough and shape it into pretzil twists. (we used our artisan bread dough that we already had in the fridge.) Then you mix a couple drops of food coloring with 1/2 teaspoon of water. Do this with different colors in different bowls. Then you can paint on whatever you want with paintbrushes or q-tips.
I had never thought of painting my food before, but it opens up all sorts of possibilities. You could paint cookies, quesadillas, pancakes, and bread- really, the list goes on and on. I'm always trying to think of ways to distract my kids in the kitchen while I'm cooking, and this is one they REALLY enjoyed!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment